Malicious Prosecution lawsuit
Gregerson v. Smith, Parker, et. al.
Answer of Defendants Morgan Smith & Smith & Raver LLP
Morgan Smith is one of the defendants in the malicious
prosecution lawsuit I filed May 28th, 2009, in Minnesota
State court. His firm, Smith & Raver LLP, is also named as
a defendant (based on vicarious liability). Smith was the
attorney for the original corporation that
sued me for defamation
in 2005 with a forged sales agreement.
On June 22nd, 2009, Morgan Smith served me with an Answer to my
Complaint for malicious prosecution.
His Answer stated, in part, that Defendants Morgan Smith and
Smith & Raver LLP lack knowledge to admit or deny
the following paragraphs of the Complaint:
- ¶ 10: "In early 2005, [the corporation] unlawfully
procured two photos from Chris Gregerson's stock photography
website and used them in a series of advertisements."
- ¶ 15: "Defendant Vladimir Kazaryan materially aided and abetted the malicious prosecution of Gregerson by providing a false notarization for the forged sales agreement, for which he lost his notarial license. Kazaryan also provided false sworn testimony."
- ¶ 20: That [the corporation] unlawfully procured two photos from Gregerson's website, as per a ruling by US District Court Judge Ann D. Montgomery (her ruling was exhibit A of the Complaint)
- ¶ 27: "[the corporation's owner] fabricated a sales agreement stating that Vilana Financial had purchased an unspecified number of photos from Michael Zubitskiy for $850. Exhibit D."
- ¶ 34: "Gregerson's web page was constitutionally-protected speech and a vital means of communication with members of the public who had relevant evidence."
- ¶ 39: "[the corporation's] lawsuit and TRO deceived the court by falsely claiming [the corporation] bought the Skyline photo from Zubitskiy and submitting a forged sales agreement."
- Admit in part ¶ 37 concerning the defamation Complaint, but lack knowledge concerning the claim that Exhibit A thereto was "forged": "On October 24th, 2005, [the corporation], represented by Morgan Smith, filed a lawsuit for defamation against Gregerson in Minnesota State Court, 4th District, alleging Gregerson's web page was false and defamatory. Exhibit I. The Complaint included the forged Zubitskiy photo agreement as Exhibit A.."
Smith appears to be claiming to not know whether the corporation's sales
agreement used in the defamation lawsuit against me was forged.
Smith makes an affirmative defense that "Plaintiff's claim fails
to state a claim for which relief can be granted." He also offers affirmative pleadings of fact, including that he (and Smith & Raver) "...relied upon the information, comportment, background,
and physical evidence presented by clients [the corporation]
in forming probable cause...".
This is a personal website expressing the opinions and observations
of the author.
Website first posted: July 4th, 2009. This page last modified: 2009-07-17