cgstock.com stock photos
  licensing   site info   home     home > categories > historical > #707

sections


1.06

John Stevens House in Minnehaha Park (#707)

John Stevens House in Minnehaha Park
this photo is in these categories: reset photo
historical
parks
by image number
chronological
previous: 704 next: 708


information
license this photo:
web use
copyright © 2000 Chris Gregerson. Available format: 640 x 480 total resolution
picture date: 2000-07-09

description

You are in Minnehaha Park, west of the creek and near 49th Street. This is the John H. Stevens house, built by the first settler in Minneapolis(1820-1900). It was build in 1850 near where the Hennepin Avenue Bridge is now(downtown) under permission from Fort Snelling. It was called "Ferry Farm", and became a social and community center. Both the city of Minneapolis and Hennepin County were organized in this house. It was moved to this location in 1896.

This page last modified:2005-01-18

cgstock.com provides quality stock photos for commercial, fine-art, education, and non-profit use, with an emphasis on pictures of the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota, China, and the Philippines.

phone cgstock.com at 612-245-4306   email us:chris@cgstock.com
Chris Gregerson, 150 Green Ave. N., New Richmond, WI 54017 USA

home   |   licensing   |   site info

http://www.cgstock.com/